Hello there! We are on day 9 of The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge. How motivated are we? I’m still feeling awesome about yesterday’s results! Besides, yesterday’s menu was absolutely deli, If there is something I love is noodles (specially on a cloudy or rainy day) and I love panini even more!
If you don’t know what this challenge is about and you want to get rid of those extra pounds or simply switch to a more healthy lifestyle, what are you waiting for? Partner with us! Check out the Join our 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge post and The Balanced Meal Plan to give it a try.
If you are already part of the team, subscribing to Be.Daze.Live’s mailing list (colored bar atop of your screen) is a great idea to keep yourself in the loop and be updated on the following recipes and workout routines.
All right! So what are we having today? Since I’m getting a little over smoothies (lets face it, they are delicious and so practical but sometimes you need something a little bit more wholesome in the morning), we are going to start with a more filling breakfast this time.
Day Meal Plan
Today will consist of 3 meals and 2 snacks. The recipes below are intended for a woman following The Balanced Meal Plan.
*Remember, if you are a man, increase the fruit intake by 1 unit, the veggie intake by 1 unit, the cereal intake by 1 unit and the meat intake by 2oz. For more information on the unit allowance per day, check out The Balanced Meal Plan.
Breakfast: Quick Apple & Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1/2 cubed Apple
- 1/4 cup steel cut Oats (or regular oats)
- 3/4 cup Skim Milk
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon plus a dash for garnish
- A dash of salt
- 2 Splenda packets (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- In a microwave safe bowl, add oats, Splenda and milk. Mix well and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cubed apple, cinnamon and salt. Microwave for 1:30 to 2 additional minutes (or until thickened).
- Stir well, sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1/2 fruit units, 1 cereal unit, 1/2 dairy units
Calories Per Serving: 258 kcal
Fat 3 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1 g), Cholesterol 4 mg, Sodium 98 mg, Potassium 85 mg, Carbohydrates 48 g (Dietary Fiber 7 g, Sugars 18 g, Protein 12 g, Vitamin A 9 %, Vitamin C 12 %, Calcium 24 %, Iron 11 %)
Snack 1: Strawberry Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Strawberries
- 2 tbsp non-fat Yogurt
- 1 Splenda packet (or sweetener of your choice)
- Slice Strawberries
- In a small bowl add yogurt, strawberries and Splenda. Mix well and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1/2 fruit units, 1/4 dairy units
Calories per serving: 68 kcal
Fat 0 g (Saturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 1 mg, Sodium 45 mg, Potassium 150 mg, Carbohydrates 16 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 11 g), Protein 4 g, Vitamin A 3 %, Vitamin C 2 %, Calcium 13 %, Iron 3 %
Lunch: Chicken Waldorf Salad
- 4 oz. grilled cubed Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp reduced fat Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp non fat Yogurt
- 1/2 cubed Apple
- 4 medium red or green seedless Grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped Celery
- 5 toasted and chopped Pecan Halves
- Juice of 1/4 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To make the dressing: Whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl add cubed chicken breast, apple, grapes and celery. Pour dressing and mix well.
- Top with chopped toasted pecans and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 fruit unit, 1 meat unit, 1/4 dairy units, 1 1/2 fat units
Calories per serving: 298 kcal
Fat 10 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 228 mg, Potassium 527 mg, Carbohydrates 21 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 13 g), Protein 33 g, Vitamin A 6 %, Vitamin C 21 %, Calcium 7 %, Iron 5 %
Snack 2: Balsamic Roasted Beets
- 1 cup Beets (peeled and cut into medium chunks)
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Splenda (Or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 C
- In a bowl, add beets and olive oil. Mix well and transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes (tossing them once halfway baked) or until tender (if you stick a fork in them or a sharp knife it should enter and come out easily).
- Meanwhile, to make the balsamic sauce, mix the balsamic vinegar and Splenda in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then set heat to medium-low. Keep the sauce in a low simmer stirring occasionally until reduced by half (about 10 minutes).
- Top beets with a tbsp of the balsamic sauce, mix well and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 2 veggie units, 1/2 fat units, total of limited condiments.
Calories Per Serving: 128 kcal
Fat 7 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 5 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 106 mg, Potassium 442 mg, Carbohydrates 15 g (Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 1 %, Vitamin C 11 %, Calcium 2 %, Iron 7 %)
Dinner: Eggs & Tortilla Crumbs (Migas con Huevo)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Garlic Powder to taste
- Slice tortillas with a knife or scissors (thick slices would do).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add tortilla slices and sauté until browned and crispy (5 to 7 minutes)
- Add eggs, season with salt and garlic powder to taste and scramble.
- Transfer to a plate and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 2 cereal units, 2 deli units, 1 fat unit
Calories Per Serving: 300 kcal
Fat 23 g (Saturated Fat 5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g, Monounsaturated Fat 13 g), Cholesterol 330 mg, Sodium 125 mg, Potassium 120 mg, Carbohydrates 12 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 13 g, Vitamin A 8 %, Vitamin C 1 %, Calcium 4 %, Iron 10 %)
This is day 9 of the Zumba Total Body Transformation trial! If you want to know more about this workout plan check out this post.
Today I’m going to try a different workout: Zumba Live! which is a total body cardio routine based on a live Zumba concert, having the same moves but with probably different songs, so that is great for a change! Lets keep rocking those dance moves!
I hope you enjoy today’s menu and remember, if you have any suggestions I’m totally up for them! Keep working hard and see you tomorrow!