Hello there! We are on the seventh day of The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge. And yes! We are making it through the first week! 😀 It wasn’t that hard was it? Thank you for keeping up with this challenge so far!
How do you feel? Any results for you yet? I feel amazing and now I’m proud to tell you that I feel small but noticeable results on my clothes! Yesterday I tried one of those pants that din’t quite fit at the beginning of this challenge and guest what?? It fits a bit more loose now :D. Those love handles are giving up a bit and that’s great!
What is even greater though, is that this plan didn’t feel extremely restrictive and that keeps me going towards the rest of the challenge (because sometimes when you follow fad diets the first thing you want to do after completing them is to start those old bad habits again). In this case, since I’ve been able to eat a bit of everything, fulfill some of my cravings with moderation and without remorse and see some results, I feel totally motivated to give it a chance to this new healthy lifestyle for much longer. What do you think?
If you still don’t know what this challenge is about, check out the Join our 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge post and The Balanced Meal Plan to know what the program consists of and start making our way into a skinnier and healthier you! Is never too late to partner with us! Join us and read along or subscribe to Be.Daze.Live’s mailing list (colored bar atop of your screen) to never miss an update about this challenge.
So today we are going to try a much greener approach. I’ve realized that we need a bit more Iron and healthier fats in our diet, so today we are switching the regular oils with avocado and peanut butter. Yum!
Day Meal Plan
Today will consist of 3 meals and 2 snacks (going back to the 5 meal plan to boost our metabolism). The recipes below are intended for a woman following The Balanced Meal Plan.
*Remember, if you are a man, increase the fruit intake by 1 unit, the veggie intake by 1 unit, the cereal intake by 1 unit and the meat intake by 2oz. For more information on the unit allowance per day, check out The Balanced Meal Plan.
Breakfast: Banana and Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- 3/4 of a medium Banana (preferably frozen)
- 1 tsp of reduced fat creamy or crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Skim Milk
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Ice Cubes
- 2 Splenda packets (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Place ingredients in a blender and liquify.
- Serve and enjoy while cold!
Units Consumed: 1 1/2 fruit units, 1/2 dairy units, 1/3 fat units
Calories Per Serving: 200 kcal
Fat 2 g (Saturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1 g), Cholesterol 4 mg, Sodium 164 mg, Potassium 676 mg, Carbohydrates 34 g (Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 20 g, Protein 10 g, Vitamin A 120 %, Vitamin C 30 %, Calcium 28 %, Iron 9 %)
Snack 1: Apple with Peanut Butter
- 1/2 sliced Apple
- 2 tsp reduced fat creamy or crunchy Peanut Butter
Units Consumed: 1/2 fruit units, 2/3 fat units
Calories per Serving: 100 kcal
Fat 4 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 37 mg, Potassium 85 mg, Carbohydrates 15 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 1 %, Vitamin C 10 %, Calcium 1 %, Iron 2 %)
Lunch: Chicken Spaghetti with Avocado Sauce
- 4 oz. grilled cubed chicken breast.
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked Whole Wheat Spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
- 1/4 cup of pasta Cooking Water
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 tbsp chopped Cilantro (you can also use Parsley)
- Juice of 1/4 Lemon
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel Avocado and transfer to a blender with the garlic powder, cilantro, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small pot, add pasta, cubed chicken, avocado blend and the reserved pasta cooking water. Mix well, serve and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 2 cereal units , 1 meat unit, 2 fat units
Calories per serving: 511 kcal
Fat 14 g (Saturated Fat 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 8 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 75 mg, Potassium 682 mg, Carbohydrates 8 g (Dietary Fiber 5 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 27 g, Vitamin A 2 %, Vitamin C 9 %, Calcium 0 %, Iron 4 %
Snack 2: Mashed Potatoes and Cream
- 1 medium Yellow Potato (about 5 oz.)
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste.
- Peel and halve the potato.
- In a small pot with cold salted water, place the potato and bring to a boil over high heat (water should be enough just to cover the potatoes). Keep boiling for 15 to 20 minutes (or until fully cooked, if you stick a fork in the potato it should enter and come out easily). Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add salt, garlic powder and pepper to taste and mash the potatoes.
- Top with sour cream and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 2 veggie units, 1/2 dairy units
Calories Per Serving: 172 kcal
Fat 5 g (Saturated Fat 3 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 20 mg, Potassium 628 mg, Carbohydrates 29 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 3 g, Vitamin A 4 %, Vitamin C 45 %, Calcium 2 %, Iron 6 %)
Dinner: Egg & Cheese Pita
- 1/2 whole wheat Mini Pita (*equivalent to 1 cereal unit)
- 1 medium Egg
- 1 oz shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat pita on a skillet over medium heat (until soft and a bit browned on each side). Transfer to a plate and cover with a towel to maintain heat.
- On same skillet scramble egg over medium-low heat.
- Assemble the pita by filling it with the scrambled egg and topping it with shredded cheese. Enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 cereal unit, 2 deli units
Calories Per Serving: 230 kcal
Fat 13 g (Saturated Fat 7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g), Cholesterol 195 mg, Sodium 330 mg, Potassium 85 mg, Carbohydrates 14 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 16 g, Vitamin A 10 %, Vitamin C 0 %, Calcium 23 %, Iron 8 %)
I’m on the seventh day of the Zumba Total Body Transformation Trial, if you want to know more about this workout plan check out this post.
Yesterday went a lot better! Even though it was an intensive workout, I could manage it without stopping or gasping for breath at the end 😉 . Today I’m doing the Cardio Party routine, so let’s Zumba!
Hope you enjoy the menus today and remember if you have any suggestions, I’m totally open to try them!
See you tomorrow and keep up the great work!