We are on the fourth day of The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge and since the weekend is near (and I have an outing today) we are going to have a hearty all-American dinner 😉
If you want to know a little bit more about this challenge and the method we are following to slim-down the healthy way, look into the Join our 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge post and The Balanced Meal Plan to check out what the program consists of and team up with us to make your way into a healthier you! If you are already doing this challenge, subscribing to Be.Daze. Live.’s mailing list (the colored bar atop of your screen) is a great option, so that we can keep you posted on any updates.
So far so good! I’m starting to readjust again to the proper portion sizes and my body is starting to thank me. Though It is still a bit early to feel a great difference in my clothes, there are small changes already: my skin is starting to brighten and clear up, my digestion is a lot better and I feel more active and concentrated during the day. I keep working on the water intake but the thermos method has kept me going so far, so let’s keep flushing flushing flushing!
What are your impressions so far? How have you been feeling? I would love to hear your comments on the process and your progress so far. I know everybody is different, so your comments can also inspire me to create more menus based on your likings! 😉
So what’s today’s meal plan? Got you going with the all-american dinner right?
Today we are going to try a hearty supper, very appropriate for those days when you go out with friends to a restaurant, bar, tailgate, etc.
Day Meal Plan
Today will consist of 3 meals and 2 snacks. The recipes below are intended for a woman following The Balanced Meal Plan.
*Remember, if you are a man, increase the fruit intake by 1 unit, the veggie intake by 1 unit, the cereal intake by 1 unit and the meat intake by 2oz. For more information on the unit allowance per day, check out The Balanced Meal Plan.
Breakfast: Apple Shake
- 1/2 medium Red Apple
- 1/2 medium Banana
- 3 Almonds
- 3/4 cups Skim Milk
- 2 Ice Cubes
- A pinch Cinnamon (plus more for garnish)
- 2 Splenda packets (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Place ingredients in a blender and liquify.
- Serve and enjoy while cold!
Units Consumed: 1.5 fruit units, .5 dairy units, .3 fat units
Calories Per Serving: 181 kcal
Fat 2 g (Monounsaturated Fat 1 g), Cholesterol 4 mg, Sodium 98 mg, Potassium 336 mg, Carbohydrates 35 g (Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 24 g, Protein 8 g, Vitamin A 9 %, Vitamin C 12 %, Calcium 25 %, Iron 2 %)
Snack 1: Strawberries & Cream
- 3/4 cup Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Splenda packet (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Slice strawberries.
- Place strawberries, cream and Splenda into a bowl, mix and enjoy!
Units Consumed: .5 fruit units, .5 dairy units
Calories per serving: 98 kcal
Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 20 mg, Potassium 150 mg, Carbohydrates 13 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 7 g), Protein 1 g, Vitamin A 4 %, Vitamin C 1 %, Calcium 2 %, Iron 3 %
Lunch: Cheese in Smokey Tomato Sauce
- 2 60 oz. Panela or Fresco Cheese slices
- 1/4 cup Whole Pinto Beans
- 2 small Roma Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped Onion
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Pepper Adobo
- 1/2 tsp Powdered Chicken Bouillon
- Salt to taste
- In a pot, bring tomatoes and enough water to cover them to a boil over high heat, continue to boil for about 8 min. (or until tomatoes’ skin starts to crack). This will bring out their flavor.
- Drain tomatoes and transfer to a blender with the onion, adobo and powdered chicken bouillon. Blend until liquefied and transfer to previous pot.
- Bring sauce to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened (about 3 min.)
- Lower heat to medium-low, add beans and mix.
- Add cheese and heat through about 2 minutes per side (this cheese won’t melt).
- Serve and enjoy!
Units Consumed: .5 veggie units, 1 cereal units, 2 deli units
Calories per serving: 418 kcal
Fat 26 g (Saturated Fat 16 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 100 mg, Sodium 1022 mg, Potassium 1096 mg, Carbohydrates 22 g (Dietary Fiber 6 g, Sugars 15 g), Protein 33 g, Vitamin A 16 %, Vitamin C 5 %, Calcium 63 %, Iron 4 %
Snack 2: Almonds
Units Consumed: .7 fat units
Calories Per Serving: 49kcal
Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 3 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 0 mg, Potassium 61 mg, Carbohydrates 2 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 0 %, Vitamin C 0 %, Calcium 2 %, Iron 2 %)
Dinner: Classic Hamburger and Coleslaw
- 1 regular Hamburger Bun
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise (divided)
- 4 oz. lean Ground Beef (preferably cold)
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- A pinch of pepper
- A pinch of dried oregano
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Mustard (divided) plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup shredded Carrot
- 1 cup shredded Cabbage
- 1/2 tsp shredded Onion
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Celery Seeds
- A pinch of Splenda (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- 1 tsp Ketchup (optional)
- Tomato slices and Lettuce to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
To make the Hamburger:
- Spread 1 tbsp mayonnaise over hamburger bun.
- In a bowl, add ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, oregano (pulverized with the palms of hands or with your fingers), 1 tsp mustard and worcestershire sauce. Mix with your hands, but without over working the meat.
- Form a patty about the size of your bun. For better results make a meatball first, then press on down in the middle and give form to the edges by rotating the meat with continuous movements. Finally when the patty is uniform and sized, gently make a deep depression in the center of the patty with your thumb. This will ensure a uniform cook and and even patty.
- Place patty on a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat, brown about 3 minutes per side (or until desired doneness). Transfer to bun.
- (optional step) On same grill pan or skillet over low heat, place hamburger and lightly toast bun about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add tomato and lettuce to taste, 1 tsp ketchup and mustard (optional) and enjoy!
To make the Coleslaw:
- In a bowl add cabbage, carrot, 1 tbsp mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp mustard, shredded onion, celery seeds, vinegar and Splenda. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1.5 veggie units, 2 cereal units, 1 meat unit, 2 fat units, Total of Limited Condiments
Calories Per Serving: 410 kcal
Fat 17 g (Saturated Fat 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g), Cholesterol 74 mg, Sodium 678 mg, Potassium 57 mg, Carbohydrates 38 g (Dietary Fiber 5 g, Sugars 10 g), Protein 28 g, Vitamin A 1 %, Vitamin C 45 %, Calcium 8 %, Iron 25 %)
This is the fourth day of my Zumba Total Body Transformation Trial, if you want to know more about this workout routine check out this post.
And guess what? Today is Free Day! How perfect is this (for my outing I mean, ha)? No, but seriously it was pure coincidence, I totally forgot that today was Free Day. So I guess I’m going to have to relax those muscles a bit right? 😉
Nevertheless I will take advantage of this and make some close errands on foot, just so I don’t loose motivation 😉
Almost there guys! Closer to the end of the week! So carry on the great attitude and see you tomorrow!