Good day to you beautiful people! How are you doing? We are on day 25 of The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge! We are 5 days away from our objective and let me tell you that I’m loving this lifestyle. I’m pretty sure you are done with the cravings right now and you have almost (if not completely) adjusted to the portion sizes. Remember how you used to eat and the health decisions you were used to take almost a month ago? It was insane, right? (I remember my usual weekend gigantic, fatty, deep fried, breaded and sugary meals :O) And this lifestyle switch has been worth it so far, hasn’t it? 😉 No complaints on my side ha.
If you are wondering what this challenge is about and want to know more about the meal plan we are following loose some extra weight in a healthy and most of all balanced way, check out The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge and The Balanced Meal plan, or subscribe to Be.Daze.Live’s mailing list (colored bar atop of your screen) to receive new meal and exercise ideas.
Forget about restrictive, fad and boring diets! You can eat a bit of almost everything in the right proportion. 😉 Believe me, this is the way to go for a healthier lifestyle!
So what are we having today?
Day Meal Plan
Today will consist of 3 meals and 2 snacks to keep our metabolism fired up. The recipes below are intended for a woman following The Balanced Meal Plan.
*Remember, if you are a man, increase the fruit intake by 1 unit, the veggie intake by 1 unit, the cereal intake by 1 unit and the meat intake by 2 oz. For more information on the unit allowance per day, check out The Balanced Meal Plan.
Breakfast: Antioxidant Green Smoothie
- 1/2 medium frozen Banana
- 1 Kale leaf (stem cut off)
- 3/4 cup Skim Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Ice Cubes
- 2 Splenda packets (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and liquify (you may need to pulse for ice crush).
- Enjoy while cold!
Units Consumed: 1 fruit unit, 1/2 dairy units
Calories: 163 kcal
Fat 0 g (Saturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 4 g, Sodium 127 g, Potassium 529 g, Carbohydrates 30 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 16 g), Protein 9 g, Vitamin A 214 %, Vitamin C 136 %, Calcium 32 %, Iron 6 %
Snack 1: Peanut Butter Caramelized Blueberries
- 3/4 cup Blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated Splenda (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- 1/4 cup Water
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- In a skillet over medium heat add granulated Splenda, give it a quick stir and slowly add water. Mix until blended.
- Add blueberries and stir to completely coat blueberries with the water and Splenda mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the blueberries have released their liquids and the mixture is reduced and thick (about 5 minutes), moving the skillet occasionally (avoid stirring with a spatula or spoon at this time so the blueberries don’t disintegrate).
- Pour the lemon juice, mix a bit and then pour peanut butter. Give it a quick stir to combine, serve in a small bowl and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 fruit unit, 1 fat unit
Calories: 227 kcal
Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 3 g), Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 56 g, Potassium 98 g, Carbohydrates 41 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 12 g), Protein 4 g, Vitamin A 1 %, Vitamin C 27 %, Calcium 1 %, Iron 3 %
Lunch: Beef Pita with Yogurt Sauce
- 1 whole wheat medium Pita (*equivalent to 2 cereal units)
- 4 oz. lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp dried Oregano
- A pinch of pepper
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced Red Onion
- Tomato and Lettuce to taste
- 2 tbsp non-fat Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp deseeded and shredded Cucumber
- 1/4 tsp minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Sauce:
- In a bowl whisk yogurt, cucumber and garlic.
- Stir in sour cream, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve as a side for the beef pitas.
For the Pitas:
- In a bowl, add ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, oregano (pulverized with the palms of hands or with your fingers), mustard and worcestershire sauce. Mix with your hands, but without over working the meat.
- Place meat on a skillet over medium-heat, stir constantly until browned and fully cooked about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer beef filling to half of the pita, top with yogurt sauce, onion, tomato and lettuce to taste and fold pita over filling. Enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1/2 veggie unit, 2 cereal units, 1 meat unit, 1/2 dairy units, 1/5 fat units
Calories: 393 kcal
Fat 14 g (Saturated Fat 5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 75 g, Sodium 808 g, Potassium 220 g, Carbohydrates 36 g (Dietary Fiber 6 g, Sugars 7 g), Protein 32 g, Vitamin A 45 %, Vitamin C 21 %, Calcium 7 %, Iron 28 %
Snack 2: Nuts
- 4 Almonds
- 4 Pecan Halves
Units Consumed: 4/5 fat units
Calories: 65 kcal
Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g), Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Potassium 35 g, Carbohydrates 2 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 0 %, Vitamin C 0 %, Calcium 1 %, Iron 1 %
Dinner: Poached Eggs and Grilled Asparagus
- 1 whole wheat Bread slice (1 oz.)
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup Asparagus (thick ends cut)
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar, divided
- 1 tsp Salt
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Spread Butter on both bread sides and place on a grill pan over medium heat. Toast for about a minute or two on each side and transfer to a plate.
- Turn heat to high. Coat asparagus with olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste and grill for 3 to 4 minutes or to desired tenderness. Place over bread slice.
- In a small bowl add 1/4 cup of white vinegar. Crack 1 egg into the bowl (being careful not to break the yolk) and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat process with second egg.
- Meanwhile add enough water (about 1 to 2 inches) and 1 tsp salt to a medium pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- With a spoon or whisk quickly swirl the water until a vortex forms and water is smoothly spinning around. Pour one of the eggs in the center of the vortex and keep swirling slowly for about 20 seconds (to prevent the white from spreading). Turn heat to low, cover the pot and let poach for about 4 minutes (without stirring, pocking or peeking).
- Remove the egg from the pot with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel. Repeat the Process with the second egg. Transfer both eggs to a plate on top of asparagus, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 1/2 veggie units, 1 cereal unit, 2 deli units, 1 fat unit, total of limited condiments
Calories: 307 kcal
Fat 21 g (Saturated Fat 8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 8 g), Cholesterol 345 g, Sodium 249 g, Potassium 326 g, Carbohydrates 15 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 16 g, Vitamin A 27 %, Vitamin C 9 %, Calcium 7 %, Iron 23 %
Today is the 5th day of the Zumba Total Body Transformation Accelerated Fat-Loss Program and It’s Cardio Party! Let’s move those hips! 😉
If you want to know a bit more about this program, check out the Zumba Total Body Transformation: Trial and Review. In this post you’ll see the workouts included and their descriptions, the approximate calorie burn per routine and the results obtained after a 10 day trial (complementing with The Balanced Meal Plan).
Ok! So let’s keep rocking this challenge! See you tomorrow!