Hi there! We are on day 24 of The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge! Almost there! Im’ so excited because overall I feel like I’ve lost almost a size! Or more? I guess I’ll have to actually find out, and that means that I’ll have to buy some new clothes! 😉 I love shopping! Who doesn’t? (But I’ll definitely wait until the end of the program 😉
Quick tip that has worked for me so far: If you buy new clothes, never buy them bigger! I know that (specially for those fashion lovers like me) temptation is big… but seriously, avoid it. If you buy bigger clothes you’ll only encourage yourself to keep gaining weight in a subconscious way. That (and probably some other factors that I’ve mentioned you before) definitely was one of my problems. At my old job, I was used to constantly buy new blouses and pants (since I hated to look like a portrait, you know) and I totally lost proportion of my regular clothing size. It literally got to the point where I saw my oldest jeans and I felt I couldn’t even fit a leg in them. 🙁
Another thing, once you loose all of that extra weight that you want to get rid of, please also get rid of your old clothes! I know it is painful but If you keep them, they become your insurance policy, you know what I mean? Either resize them, sell them or donate them! Besides, if you really keep following this healthy lifestyle, you’ll never wear them again! Believe me.
If you don’t know what this challenge is about and want to try the meal plan we are following loose some extra weight in a balanced and healthy way, take a look at The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge and The Balanced Meal plan, or subscribe to Be.Daze.Live’s mailing list (colored bar atop of your screen) to keep yourself in the loop.
Forget about restrictive, fad and boring diets! This is the way to go for a healthier lifestyle!
All right then! So what is in today’s menu?
Day Meal Plan
Today will consist of 3 meals and 1 snack. The recipes below are intended for a woman following The Balanced Meal Plan.
*Remember, if you are a man, increase the fruit intake by 1 unit, the veggie intake by 1 unit, the cereal intake by 1 unit and the meat intake by 2 oz. For more information on the unit allowance per day, check out The Balanced Meal Plan.
Breakfast: Choco-Banana Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup steel cut Oats (you can use regular Oats)
- 1 tsp 100% unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Skim Milk
- 1 Splenda packet (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- A pinch of Cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- In a blender add hot milk, cocoa powder, a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of salt and Splenda packet. Mix well and transfer to a microwave safe bowl.
- Stir in steel cut oats and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Give it a quick stir and microwave in intervals of 30 seconds for 1 to 1:30 more minutes (stirring once each interval) or until softened and thick.
- Top with sliced banana and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 fruit unit, 1/2 dairy units, 1/3 of limited condiments
Calories: 273 kcal
Fat 3 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1 g), Cholesterol 4 g, Sodium 120 g, Potassium 225 g, Carbohydrates 51 g (Dietary Fiber 6 g, Sugars 17 g), Protein 13 g, Vitamin A 8 %, Vitamin C 2 %, Calcium 23 %, Iron 13 %
Snack 1: Apple and Peanut Butter
- 1 Apple, sliced
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Dip apple slices in peanut butter and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 fruit unit, 1 fat unit
Calories: 170 kcal
Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 3 g), Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 55 g, Potassium 170 g, Carbohydrates 28 g (Dietary Fiber 6 g, Sugars 17 g), Protein 4 g, Vitamin A 2 %, Vitamin C 20 %, Calcium 2 %, Iron 3 %
Lunch: Baked Coconut Chicken Strips
- 4 oz Chicken breast (cut in 2-inch strips)
- 1/2 medium Egg
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded Coconut
- 2 tbsp Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp crushed Bran Flakes
- Cooking Spray
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Carrot
- 1/2 cup Broccoli
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 Splenda packet
For the Chicken Strips:
- Preheat your oven to 400 F / 200 C.
- Pat your chicken strips dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl whisk egg and water, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- In a second bowl mix coconut, Panko breadcrumbs and Bran Flakes.
- Dip the chicken strips into the egg mixture, then dredge in coconut mixture pressing to adhere.
- Place chicken strips on a baking sheet lined with wax paper for easy cleaning, spray with cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes (turning and spraying with cooking spray once halfway baked) or until fully cooked.
- Serve over a mixed salad and dip into a sweet mustard dressing.
For the dressing:
- In a small bowl whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard and Splenda.
- Heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds and serve as a side for the chicken strips.
For the Mixed Salad:
- Cook the broccoli in boiling water for about 4 minutes or until desired tenderness. Drain.
- In a plate mix spinach, romaine lettuce, carrot and broccoli. Serve chicken strips on top, and enjoy with the warm sweet mustard dressing.
Units Consumed: 2 veggie units, 3/4 cereal units, 1 meat unit, 2/3 fat units, 2/3 of limited condiments
Calories: 400 kcal
Fat 20 g (Saturated Fat 8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 7 g), Cholesterol 86 g, Sodium 357 g, Potassium 678 g, Carbohydrates 26 g (Dietary Fiber 7 g, Sugars 8 g), Protein 33 g, Vitamin A 71 %, Vitamin C 88 %, Calcium 5 %, Iron 20 %
Dinner: Three Cheese Pasta
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat Rotini (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1/4 cup cooking pasta water
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- A pinch of Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 F / 180 C
- Heat butter in a pot over medium heat, add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add reserved cooking pasta water and sour cream, mix well.
- Slowly add mozzarella, monterrey jack and half of the parmesan cheese. Give it a stir until all ingredients are combined and the sauce is smooth.
- Add cooked pasta, season with salt, pepper and onion powder to taste and mix well until pasta is heated through (about 2 minutes). Transfer to an oven safe bowl.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan cheese and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 1/4 cereal units, 1/2 dairy units, 1 1/2 deli units, 1 1/3 fat units
Calories: 383 kcal
Fat 18 g (Saturated Fat1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 59 g, Sodium 278 g, Potassium 10 g, Carbohydrates 3 g (Dietary Fiber 0 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 7 g, Vitamin A 8 %, Vitamin C 0 %, Calcium 20 %, Iron 0 %
Today is the 4th day of the Zumba Total Body Transformation suggested 10 day program, and it’s Free Day! Yei! I don’t know why but I really wanted to exercise today ha, nevertheless I will have to relax those muscles a bit. 😉
If you want to know a bit more about this routine, check out the Zumba Total Body Transformation: Trial and Review. In this post you’ll see the workouts included and their descriptions, the approximate calorie burn per sequence and the results obtained after the 10 day trial (complementing with The Balanced Meal Plan).
All right! So that’s all for the day folks! See you tomorrow with the best of attitudes!