Hey folks! We are on day 23 of The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge and we are going to give it a twist 😉 We are going to take a break from smoothies and have a really enticing breakfast with summer seasonal peaches! yum! On the other hand, we’ll make a lighter and quicker version of fried rice (I say takeout tastes better when it’s homemade! 😉 ), and we are going to enjoy a quick version of golden milk which is a rich flavored milk that will make you believe you are having dessert! Sweet and spicy at the same time.
If you are wondering what this challenge is about and the meal plan we are following loose a few pounds in a healthy and balanced way, check out The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge and The Balanced Meal plan, or subscribe to Be.Daze.Live’s mailing list (colored bar atop of your screen) to be updated on our daily menus and workout plans.
Forget about restrictive, fad and boring diets! This is the way to go for a healthier lifestyle!
All right! So lets check out our meal plan for today.
Day Meal Plan
Today will consist of 3 meals and 2 snacks. The recipes below are intended for a woman following The Balanced Meal Plan.
*Remember, if you are a man, increase the fruit intake by 1 unit, the veggie intake by 1 unit, the cereal intake by 1 unit and the meat intake by 2 oz. For more information on the unit allowance per day, check out The Balanced Meal Plan.
Breakfast: Caramelized Peaches and Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Peaches (cored, peeled and halved)
- 3 tsp of granulated Splenda (or sugar substitute of your choice), divided
- 1/2 cup non-fat Yogurt
- 5 chopped Pecan Halves
- Preheat a grill pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of granulated Splenda over one side of the peaches and place them (sweetened side down) on the pan. Let caramelize for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle peaches once more with 1 tsp granulated Splenda and turn them over. Let caramelize for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle peaches a third time and turn them over. Let caramelize for 2 additional minutes, turn and serve into a plate.
- Top with yogurt, pecan halves and enjoy while hot!
Units Consumed: 1 fruit unit, 1/2 dairy units, 1/2 fat units
Calories: 180 kcal
Fat 5 g (Saturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 3 g, Sodium 90 g, Potassium 450 g, Carbohydrates 24 g (Dietary Fiber 5 g, Sugars 27 g), Protein 8 g, Vitamin A 16 %, Vitamin C 20 %, Calcium 24 %, Iron 3 %
Snack 1: Mango Trail Mix
- 2 slices of unsweetened dehydrated mango (you can usually find these in the nut and trail mix section of your supermarket)
- 3 Pecan Halves
- 2 Almonds
- Cut mango slices in small bites
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 fruit unit, 1/2 fat units
Calories: 101 kcal
Fat 4 g (Saturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1 g), Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Potassium 63 g, Carbohydrates 15 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 10 g), Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 40 %, Vitamin C 5 %, Calcium 2 %, Iron 6 %
Lunch: Shrimp Fried Rice
- 4 oz cooked Shrimp (frozen works fine)
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat Rice (instant rice works fine)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped White Onion
- 1/4 tsp minced Garlic
- 2/4 cup frozen veggies (preferably peas and carrots)
- 1 medium Egg
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil (olive oil works fine)
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium Soy Sauce
Units Consumed: 2 veggie units, 2 cereal units, 1 meat unit, 1 fat unit, total of limited condiments
Calories: 552 kcal
Fat 21 g (Saturated Fat 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 6 g, Monounsaturated Fat 7 g), Cholesterol 312 g, Sodium 1003 g, Potassium 407 g, Carbohydrates 55 g (Dietary Fiber 6 g, Sugars 8 g), Protein 38 g, Vitamin A 229 %, Vitamin C 20 %, Calcium 8 %, Iron 37 %
Snack 2: Golden Milk
- 3/4 cup Skim Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
- 3 Splenda packets (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- A pinch of Cinnamon for garnish
- In a small bowl, place coconut oil and melt in microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Stir in ground ginger and turmeric. Mix until forming a paste.
- In a small pot, bring water and milk to a boil over medium heat. Stir in previously made paste and give it a nice stir. Turn heat to high and bring to a quick boil.
- Turn heat to low (just before the bubbles start overflowing!), cover and let simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add Splenda, give it a final stir to combine, serve and enjoy while hot!
Units Consumed: 1/2 dairy units, 1/3 fat units
Calories: 114 kcal
Fat 5 g (Saturated Fat 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 4 g, Sodium 98 g, Potassium 41 g, Carbohydrates 11 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 9 g), Protein 7 g, Vitamin A 8 %, Vitamin C 2 %, Calcium 23 %, Iron 2 %
Dinner: Egg in a Hole
- 1 medium Egg
- 1 whole wheat bread slice (1 oz.)
- 2 tsp Butter, divided
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 chopped Cremini or Porcini Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup baby Spinach
- Spread 1 tsp of butter over one side of the bread. Cut the bread in the center with a cookie cutter (it could be any shape or even the rim of a glass)
- On a skillet over medium high heat place bread (and if you wish, the remaining bread hole) buttered side down. Let toast for about 30 seconds.
- Crack the egg and place in the center of the bread (hole). Season with salt an pepper to taste.
- Cover and let cook until desired doneness (I like mine less runny, about 2 minutes).
- Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining tsp of butter on same pan over medium heat, add spinach, mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until tenderized a bit and serve along egg in a hole. Enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 cereal unit, 1 dairy unit, 2/3 fat units
Calories: 186 kcal
Fat 12 g (Saturated Fat 6 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g), Cholesterol 185 g, Sodium 206 g, Potassium 215 g, Carbohydrates 11 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 9 g, Vitamin A 23 %, Vitamin C 5 %, Calcium 4 %, Iron 9 %
Today is the 3rd day of the Zumba Total Body Transformation suggested 10 day schedule, and it’s Cardio Party! A 45 minute total body cardio routine to burn some calories at the rhythm of salsa, cumbia, reggaeton, samba and some american classics 😉
If you want to know a bit more about this program, check out the Zumba Total Body Transformation: Trial and Review. In this post you’ll see the workouts included and their descriptions, the approximate calorie burn per routine and the results obtained after the 10 day trial (complementing with The Balanced Meal Plan).
Ok, so let’s keep the great attitude and team work! See you tomorrow!