Hi! How are you today? We are on day 18 of The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge, and today I feel a little bit more relaxed, we are almost done with the moving thing (just a few more things to buy and assemble but we are taking it slow now) and I finally got to cook! Thank god because as much as I love takeout, it gets boring sometimes.
If you want to know more about this challenge and the meal plan that we are following to slim-down in a balanced and healthy way, take a look at The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge and The Balanced Meal plan to give it a try. Subscribing to Be.Daze.Live’s mailing list (colored bar atop of your screen) is also a great choice to be updated on our every day’s menu and exercise plan.
So today I’ll have breakfast and lunch at home, and we are going out with our friends for dinner and drinks 😉 So I’ll try to cook something that will allow me to have more options for dinner.
Ok! So, what’s for today?
Day Meal Plan
Breakfast: Raspberry & Coconut Smoothie
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 3 tbsp unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Spinach
- 3/4 cup Skim Milk
- 3 Ice Cubes
- 2 Splenda packets (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and liquify.
- Enjoy while cold!
Units Consumed: 1 fruit unit, 1/2 dairy units, 1 fat unit
Calories: 238 kcal
Fat 11 g (Saturated Fat 9 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 4 g, Sodium 127 g, Potassium 434 g, Carbohydrates 30 g (Dietary Fiber 11 g, Sugars 16 g), Protein 10 g, Vitamin A 65 %, Vitamin C 69 %, Calcium 29 %, Iron 11 %
Snack 1: Banana and Yogurt
- 1/2 medium Banana
- 3 tbsp non-fat Yogurt
- 1 Splenda packet or sugar substitute of your choice (optional)
- A pinch of Cinnamon
- Slice banana and place in a bowl. Top with yogurt, Splenda and cinnamon. Mix well and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 fruit unit, 1/4 dairy units
Calories: 82 kcal
Fat 0 g (Saturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 1 g, Sodium 46 g, Potassium 225 g, Carbohydrates 18 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 11 g), Protein 4 g, Vitamin A 3 %, Vitamin C 1 %, Calcium 11 %, Iron 0 %
Lunch: Quinoa Au Gratin
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Powdered Chicken Bouillon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded Carrot
- 1/4 cup Skim Milk
- 2 tbsp non-fat Yogurt
- 1/2 medium Egg
- 1 oz shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- .5 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 F / 220 C.
- Cook your veggies in a pot with boiling water until tender (about 5 to 8 minutes). Drain and chop.
- Rinse quinoa in cold water.
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium-heat, add garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Add Quinoa and sauté for about a minute. Add water, onion powder, chicken bouillon, and salt to taste; give it a stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the water is completely absorbed and quinoa is fluffy (about 12-15 min).
- Meanwhile in a bowl whisk egg, yogurt, milk, garlic powder and shredded monterrey jack.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, uncover, turn off the heat and stir in veggies. Let cool for about 5 minutes and stir in the cheese mixture.
- Transfer mixture to an oven safe bowl, top with parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 15 min or until panko and parmesan are toasted. Enjoy!
Units Consumed: 2 veggie units, 1 1/2 cereal units, 1/4 dairy units, 2 deli units, 1/3 fat units
Calories: 490 kcal
Fat 23 g (Saturated Fat 9 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4 g), Cholesterol 129 g, Sodium 599 g, Potassium 210 g, Carbohydrates 50 g (Dietary Fiber 6 g, Sugars 11 g), Protein 26 g, Vitamin A 16 %, Vitamin C 67 %, Calcium 45 %, Iron 18 %
Snack 2: Pecan Halves
- 6 pecan halves
Units Consumed: 2/3 fat units
Calories: 55 kcal
Fat 5 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Potassium 0 g, Carbohydrates 1 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 1 g, Vitamin A 0 %, Vitamin C 0 %, Calcium 0 %, Iron 0 %
Dinner: Mini Burgers
So we went to a bar with our friends and sadly they had a very small selection of food 🙁 , everything was pretty much deep fried… So we ordered some snacks to share, including a cheese plate that fortunately had some almonds! great! Then I ordered the Mini Burgers. The portion size was fine, but I obviously didn’t eat the fries and the cheese. I ate 1 full mini burger and a patty 😉 . To my surprise the meat was absolutely delicious, they added a bit of jalapeño pepper or something because it had a certain kick. Yum!
- 5 Almonds
- 1 mini Hamburger Bun
- 4 oz Ground Beef
Units Consumed: 1 to 1 1/2 cereal units, 1 meat unit, 1/2 fat units
Calories: 325 kcal
Fat 17 g (Saturated Fat 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g), Cholesterol 72 g, Sodium 212 g, Potassium 43 g, Carbohydrates 17 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 28 g, Vitamin A 2 %, Vitamin C 0 %, Calcium 8 %, Iron 10 %
This time, since I needed a change for variety’s sake and I wanted to get to know my new neighborhood, I ran about 30 minutes at a pace of 9 minutes per mile, for a total of 3.1 miles.
So how are you doing? Feeling lighter and lighter? I hope you are! See you tomorrow and continue the great attitude!