Well hello Friday! What is it about you that makes me go crazy? I feel so relaxed right now. So how are you guys? We are on day 12 of The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge and I hope you are feeling great too!
Since yesterday we talked about cravings and hunger periods, today we are going to have 2 filling snacks to put those tips and tricks into practice, all right?
If you want to give this challenge a try and partner with us to shred some extra pounds the healthy way, or if you are just making the switch to a healthier lifestyle, check out The Balanced Meal Plan we are following (which has a slim-down version and a maintenance version) and The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge to see what we are up to. It’s never too late to join us.
If you already decided to team up with us, congratulations! Thanks for being part of this movement. And remember, subscribing to Be.Daze.Live’s mailing list (colored bar atop of your screen) is a great option to be updated on each day’s meal plan and workout routine 😉
So what’s on the menu for today?
Day Meal Plan
Breakfast: Tropical Smoothie
- 1/4 medium Banana
- 3/4 cup Strawberries (preferably frozen)
- 1/2 medium Mango
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Ice Cubes
- 2 Splenda packets (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix. This is a thick mixture so you might want to pulse your blender a few times at the beginning to crush the ice.
- Serve and enjoy while cold!
Units Consumed: 2 fruit units, 1/2 dairy units
Calories: 141 kcal
Fat 0 g (Saturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 2 g, Potassium 428 g, Carbohydrates 36 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 22 g), Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 16 %, Vitamin C 49 %, Calcium 3 %, Iron 4 %
Snack 1: Yogurt and Nuts
- 1/2 cup non-fat Yogurt
- 5 Pecan Halves
- 5 Almonds
- 1 Splenda packet (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1/2 dairy units, 1 fat unit
Calories: 141 kcal
Fat 8 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g), Cholesterol 3 g, Sodium 90 g, Potassium 43 g, Carbohydrates 11 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 9 g), Protein 8 g, Vitamin A 5 %, Vitamin C 2 %, Calcium 24 %, Iron 1 %
Lunch: Pan Seared Salmon with Pasta and Veggies
- 4 oz. Salmon
- 3/4 cup cooked Whole Wheat Rotini (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 tbsp Butter, divided
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated Splenda (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- 1/2 cup steamed or cooked broccoli
- 1/2 cup steamed or cooked carrot
- Salt, Garlic Powder and Pepper to taste
- Rinse the salmon fillet and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt, garlic and pepper to taste on both sides.
- On a skillet over medium-high heat sprayed with cooking spray, place salmon skin-side down. To sear, press gently over the thickest part against the pan for a few seconds. Spray the other side of the salmon with cooking spray (to prevent it from sticking to the pan) and flip the fillet once it is cooked about 1/3 of the way (1 minute or so). Sear again by gently pressing against the pan. Remove the salmon once it is cooked about 1/3 of the way on the other side an transfer to a plate. There still must be a little pink color in the center of the salmon, and it will continue to cook after being removed, trust me, otherwise you will end with overcooked an dry fish.
- On same skillet, lower heat to medium-low and wait until it cools down. Add balsamic vinegar and granulated Splenda, mix well (scraping the pan’s leftovers) and bring to a boil.
- Keep the sauce on a simmer until reduced by half (about 2 or 3 minutes stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn). Since we are working on a skillet the evaporation process is quick, so don’t leave unattended. Once the sauce is thickened and reduced, transfer to a small bowl.
- Meanwhile heat half of the butter on a small pot over medium-low heat, add cooked or steamed veggies and mix with the butter until heated through. Serve with the salmon.
- On same pot over medium-low heat, heat the rest of the butter and add cooked pasta. Mix well and and add 1 tbsp of the balsamic sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste and give it a final stir until heated through. Transfer to the plate and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 2 veggie units, 1 cereal unit, 1 fat unit, total of limited condiments
Calories: 508 kcal
Fat 23 g (Saturated Fat 9 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 103 g, Sodium 202 g, Potassium 344 g, Carbohydrates 11 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 30 g, Vitamin A 160 %, Vitamin C 72 %, Calcium 4 %, Iron 3 %
Snack 2: Mashed Cauliflower
- 2 cups of Cauliflower florets
- 1/2 tbsp Butter (you can use olive oil)
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder to taste.
- On a pot of boiling water, add cauliflower and bring to a second boil, lower heat and simmer for to 10 to 15 minutes or until very tender.
- Puree cauliflower in a blender or food processor.
- On previous pot over medium-low heat, heat butter. Return cauliflower to pot, season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to taste, mix well, serve and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1/2 fat units
Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g), Cholesterol 15 g, Sodium 105 g, Potassium 606 g, Carbohydrates 11 g (Dietary Fiber 5 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 4 g, Vitamin A 5 %, Vitamin C 155 %, Calcium 4 %, Iron 5 %
Dinner: Microwave Egg and Cheese Muffin
- 1 Whole Wheat English Muffin
- 1 medium Egg
- 1 oz. shredded or sliced Monterrey Jack cheese (you can use swiss or mozzarella as well)
- 1/2 tbsp reduced fat Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Mustard (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- To avoid adding oil, place egg into a small microwave-safe bowl coated a bit with cooking spray. Whisk the egg it or simply pinch the yolk and swirl a bit. Microwave on high for 40 to 50 seconds.
- Spread mayonnaise on bottom muffin slice and spread mustard on top muffin slice.
- To remove egg from bowl simply use a fork around the edges to lift.
- Layer the bottom muffin slice, then cheese, egg and the top bread slice.
- (Optional Step) Wrap muffin in wax paper and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds so the cheese melts. Unwrap and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 2 cereal units, 2 dairy units, 1 fat unit
Fat 14 g (Saturated Fat 7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g), Cholesterol 197 g, Sodium 463 g, Potassium 60 g, Carbohydrates 23 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 19 g, Vitamin A 10 %, Vitamin C 0 %, Calcium 26 %, Iron 10 %
There are some 30 minute workouts that I’ve been meaning to try for a while, so for the next couple of days I’m going to try out one of them.
I love non-time consuming workout routines that can be done at home and that are still effective, so let’s see if I can give this one a thumbs up 😉 . Of course, later this week I´ll post a review about it to keep you in the loop, all right?
This workout is a 30 Minute Dance Party led by LA choreographer Ryan Heffington and featured in Popsugar as a great leg, abs and cardio routine. So let’s check it out!
So that’s all for today folks! Happy Friday to you all and keep the good work! I’m pretty sure that you are doing great and you’ll see results by the end of the week 😉