Hi there! We are on day 10 of The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge and we are going to have one of my favorite dishes for lunch 😉 Grilled Fish Tacos!
So how are you doing? For me it is one of those days that I feel I can’t stop and breath for a minute 🙁 and having a packed day tends to sabotage my eating schedule… Does that happen to you? Sometimes the day goes by so fast that you forget to eat! So I’ll try to be extra conscious about my food timing. Let’s see if I can respect the snacks but I’m definitely not skipping the main meals ok?
I know I’ve been trying to encourage you to eat 5 meals a day, and it is certainly better to do so to keep your metabolism boosted (specially if you are trying to loose weight) but if f you sometimes feel overwhelmed and tend to forget your meals, there is no harm in skipping your snacks (by skipping them I mean joining them with another meal), as long as you don’t skip the main meals all right?
For those of you that want to shred some extra pounds but are new to this post: It’s never too late to join this challenge and partner with us! If you want to know more about it check out the Join our 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge post and The Balanced Meal Plan to see how it works, or subscribe to Be.Daze.Live’s mailing list (colored bar atop of your screen) so we can keep you updated on the daily menus and workout routines that I’m following for the next 30 days.
So this is the menu for today, hope you enjoy it! 😉
Day Meal Plan
Today will consist of 3 meals and 2 snacks. The recipes below are intended for a woman following The Balanced Meal Plan.
*Remember, if you are a man, increase the fruit intake by 1 unit, the veggie intake by 1 unit, the cereal intake by 1 unit and the meat intake by 2oz. For more information on the unit allowance per day, check out The Balanced Meal Plan.
Breakfast: Peach Smoothie
- 1 1/2 medium Peaches
- 1/2 cup non-fat Yogurt
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- 2 Splenda packets (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Place ingredients in a blender and liquify. This is a thick mixture, so pulse several times on high power or “ice crush” mode if your blender has it before liquifying.
- Serve and enjoy while cold!
Units Consumed: 1 fruit unit, 1/2 dairy units
Calories Per Serving: 135 kcal
Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 3 mg, Sodium 90 mg, Potassium 450 mg, Carbohydrates 24 g (Dietary Fiber 5 g, Sugars 27 g, Protein 8 g, Vitamin A 16 %, Vitamin C 20 %, Calcium 24 %, Iron 3 %)
Snack 1: Bananas & Cream
- 1/2 medium Banana, sliced or halved lengthwise.
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream (or Mexican Cream)
- 1 Splenda packet (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- A dash of Cinnamon
- Whisk together sour cream and Splenda.
- In a bowl add sliced banana, top with cream and a dash of cinnamon and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 fruit unit, 1/2 dairy units
Calories Per Serving: 112 kcal
Fat 5 g (Saturated Fat 3 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 21 mg, Potassium 225 mg, Carbohydrates 16 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 1 g, Vitamin A 4 %, Vitamin C 0 %, Calcium 0 %, Iron 0 %)
Lunch: Smokey Tilapia Tacos with Spicy Coleslaw
For the fish:
- 4 oz. Tilapia fillet
- 2 white or yellow medium Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- A dash of Cumin
- A dash of Oregano (crushed)
- A dash of dried Basil (crushed)
- A dash of Black Pepper
- Juice of 1/4 Lemon
For the Spicy Coleslaw:
- 1 cup shredded Cabbage
- 3/4 cup Shredded Carrot
- 1/2 tsp shredded Onion
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Celery Seeds
- A pinch of Splenda
- 1 tbsp reduced fat Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Siracha Sauce
- In a bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice and dry seasonings (onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, cumin, oregano and basil)
- Place fish in the bowl and rub with marinade. Let marinade in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat, grill fish until flaky (about 5 minutes per side)
- On same pan over medium-high heat, grill tortillas until softened (about 2 minutes per side)
- Assemble the tacos, top or serve with spicy coleslaw and Enjoy!
For the Spicy Coleslaw:
- In a bowl add cabbage, carrot, mayonnaise, mustard, grated onion, celery seeds, vinegar, siracha sauce and Splenda. Season with salt and pepper to taste, mix well and serve along with the tacos. Enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 1/2 veggie units, 2 cereal units , 1 meat unit, 1 1/2 fat units, 1/3 limited condiments.
Calories per serving: 388 kcal
Fat 25 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g, Monounsaturated Fat 6 g), Cholesterol 76 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Potassium 53 mg, Carbohydrates 38 g (Dietary Fiber 9 g, Sugars 11 g), Protein 31 g, Vitamin A 12 %, Vitamin C 56 %, Calcium 4 %, Iron 8 %
Snack 2: Simple Pasta Salad
- 3/4 cup cooked Whole Wheat Rotini (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 5 toasted and chopped Pecan Halves
- 1/2 Splenda packet (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix ingredients and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 cereal unit, 1 fat units, 2/3 of limited condiments
Calories Per Serving: 229 kcal
Fat 9 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 3 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 24 mg, Potassium 167 mg, Carbohydrates 3 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 56 %, Vitamin C 14 %, Calcium 3 %, Iron 5 %)
Dinner: Eggs with Green Beans
- 2 medium Eggs
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Beans
- Salt to taste
- In a pot with boiling water, add chopped green beans. Let simmer over medium-high heat until desired tenderness (for this recipe I like my green beans a bit more tender so I simmered them for about 8 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Heat Olive oil on a skillet over medium heat, add onions and sauté them until fragrant and translucent (about 3 minutes), add green beans and sauté with onions until colorful and tender (about 2 more minutes).
- Lower heat to medium low and add eggs. Season with salt to taste and scramble.
- Transfer to a plate and enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1/2 veggie units, 2 deli units, 1/2 fat units.
Calories Per Serving: 248 kcal
Fat 18 g (Saturated Fat 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 10 g), Cholesterol 330 mg, Sodium 122 mg, Potassium 270 mg, Carbohydrates 11 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 14 g, Vitamin A 17 %, Vitamin C 15 %, Calcium 8 %, Iron 11 %)
Today I’m very excited because this is day 10 and final day of my Zumba Total Body Transformation trial, if you want to know more about this workout plan check out this post.
Yesterday’s routine was so fun! Actually perfect because once I’ve practiced all those moves during 9 days, in this workout they added small twists to them (prevents me from getting bored you know? ha), though the songs are the same (a mixture between the cardio and the sculpt & tone routines). What I thought was amazing is that you get to see normal people dancing to Zumba moves! which is definitely a great motivation. You can get to see that not everybody is perfect, but the important thing is that you move and you add your flavor to those dance moves. 😉
I’m feeling great and I think this workout has had a lot to do with my waist reduction size (obviously as a complement to the meal plan 😉 ). But I’ll tell you all about it on my review tomorrow.
Today I’m doing the Sculpt & Tone + Flat Abs routine and even though it is a bit more time consuming (for a packed day like today) I’m going to fit it in my schedule because I know it is really worth it.
So keep up the good work and see you tomorrow ok?