Who knew that Kale could be so addictive?
Everything tastes so much better when roasted but kale’s transformation is surprising. These kale chips are delicious even for “green leaf haters”.
If you are looking for an easy to make snack, side dish or appetizer that fits perfectly into a healthy lifestyle, this is a must try recipe. Aside from being clean and low-calorie, it is paleo friendly, low carb and gluten free! What else could you ask for?
Besides, it is super practical and delicious. Two bunches of kale make a crowd appetizer or you can make a batch ahead and ziploc for 2 or 3 more days without loosing freshness or crunchiness.
This recipe also goes perfectly along with a balanced and healthy regime like The Balanced Meal Plan, which is a great program wether you are trying to loose some extra weight or just keep yourself fit. Give it a try!
Servings: 2 – 3
- 1 bunch Kale (previously washed and dried)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder (or Cayenne Pepper)
*This recipe is featured on The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge: Day 15
- Preheat your oven to 300 F / 150 C
- Remove stems and cut kale into bite size pieces (About 8 pieces per leaf)
- In a small recipient mix olive oil and dry seasonings to form a paste.
- In a large bowl add kale and olive oil mixture. Mix and massage throughly with your hands until all pieces are evenly coated.
- In a baking sheet lined with wax paper (or coated with cooking spray), place kale bits in a single layer. Bake for 25 or until crispy. Enjoy!
Units Consumed: 1 fat units
*Units based on The Balanced Meal Plan.
Calories: 150 kcal
Fat 14 g (Saturated Fat 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 10 g), Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 23 g, Potassium 228 g, Carbohydrates 6 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 3 g, Vitamin A 272 %, Vitamin C 68 %, Calcium 7 %, Iron 4 %
If you want to receive more healthy recipe ideas, subscribe to Be.Daze.Live’s mailing list (Colored Bar atop of your screen) and never miss a thing! 😉
Don’t forget to show some love in the comments space below! [icon type=”glyphicon glyphicon-heart” color=”#e810c4″]