It seems that lace and his companion crochet are here to stay for this spring / summer season right? They were brought back as a hot trend in 2012 (not that they were gone for long though, because who can resist them?) and have been featured in all kinds of garments and accessories since then, from tops to sophisticated gowns and from hats to shoes. Why? Because these materials are simply the perfect form of femininity, ethereal beauty and sexy statement, without being too pushy (if worn the right way!).
This season comes with a twist though… aside from seeing these timeless textures in the usual white, nude and black colors, we’ll be seeing them in a more juicy and seasonal worthy palette, tempting right?
So here it is a guide on how to rock the lace and crochet trends this spring / summer 2014 and our favorite inspirational looks for this season.
- Match a colorful top with a timeless texture or color and you’ll never go wrong! You can go with white or denim pants and shorts in all their forms: ragged, distressed, cropped, boyfriend, skinnies, etc. according to your body type.
- If what you have on the other side is a white or black lace top, you can go either with denim shorts, skirts or pants (for a classic but still fashionable look) or go for a bold look with a colorful maxi skirt, floral print pants or shorts.
- The flawless trick with lace bottoms is to combine them with simple texture tops such as cotton, chambray or chiffon to get a complete look. So go for a simple t-shirt or tank, a cotton or chiffon shirt
- To rock lace this summer, accessorize your outfits to give them a pop of color. Try playing with floppy hats, fedoras, panama hats, summer scarfs, messenger bags, clutches and sunglasses.
The Dresses and Rompers
- When wearing a colorful romper or dress, go for neutral colors in your accessories to get it always right. Try nude pumps or clutches, straw fedoras, silver or gold sandals, etc.
- Go for a boho chic look by mixing and matching textures with your lace dress. Try a denim jacket, a wool floppy hat, a tribal print cardigan or bag.
The Timeless Palette
- Black, white and neutral colors are the best way to make your outfit look classic and classy ;). If you want, add just a pop of color with a nice clutch, small messenger bag, belt, or even your lip color to make a statement.
- Give your black and white look a twist by wearing a denim or leather jacket.
The Juicy Palette
- Want to go bold? Summer is the best season to explore a juicy palette. This season comes with fresh and pastel colors such as coral, pink, yellow, teal, aqua, emerald green and much more!
- If your are all about color, try mixing 2 colors at once and complementing with a neutral such as denim or white.
For more fashion insights and news, subscribe to Be.Daze.Live’s mailing list (colored bar atop of your screen) and never miss a thing! 😉
Don’t forget to show some love in the comments space below! [icon type=”glyphicon glyphicon-heart” color=”#e810c4″]