These brussels sprouts chips are a delicious snack that fits perfectly into a healthy lifestyle because aside from being low-calorie and clean, they are paleo friendly, low-carb and gluten free!
Even though not all palates are fond of brussels sprouts, rest assured these chips will be an absolute crowd pleaser. The smokiness of the paprika mixed with all the dry seasonings plus the roasted flavor, will leave you and your guests craving for more!
This recipe is a great appetizer, side dish or snack that goes perfectly along with a balanced and healthy regime like The Balanced Meal Plan, which is a great program wether you are trying to loose some extra weight or just keep yourself fit.
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts (about 16 medium sprouts)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 F / 180 C
- Cut the bottom part of the brussels sprouts to peel the outer leaves. Repeat the process 1 or 2 more times with each sprout until all leaves are peeled. Discard the hearts and extremely small leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil and dry seasonings until forming a paste.
- In a medium bowl, place leaves and top with olive oil paste. Mix well (massage with your hands to evenly coat all leaves).
- Place brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for easy cleaning.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy. Enjoy!
*This recipe is featured on The 30 Day Slim-Down Challenge: Day 27
Per 1 serving
Units Consumed: 2 veggie units, 1 fat unit
*Units based on The Balanced Meal Plan.
Calories: 182 kcal
Fat 15 g (Saturated Fat 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 10 g), Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 35 g, Potassium 533 g, Carbohydrates 12 g (Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 4 g, Vitamin A 26 %, Vitamin C 174 %, Calcium 6 %, Iron 11 %
If you want to receive more healthy recipe ideas, subscribe to Be.Daze.Live’s mailing list (Colored Bar atop of your screen) and never miss a thing! 😉
Don’t forget to show some love in the comments space below! [icon type=”glyphicon glyphicon-heart” color=”#e810c4″]